homemenubutton2aboutmenubutton2recipemenubutton2journeysmenubutton2linksmenubutton2contactmenubutton3

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Thank you, Costco Samples: New gluten free snack idea

I love Costco.  So does my 3 year old daughter.  If you ask her what her favorite store is she’ll most likely tell you it’s Costco.  This is because we love the samples (of course, right?). 

My kids and I have a good system.  We go around lunchtime on weekdays (Saturdays are way too crowded) and we get full on the samples.  Well, them more than me.  The majority of the samples often contain gluten.  That’s not a problem though.  It’s really easy to check what’s in the product (the box is right there) and if it has gluten then my kids get an extra sample. 

A few weeks ago I discovered a new favorite snack thanks to one of those samples: 

cucumbers with feta cheese 

SOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was buying feta anyway (for both Fuzzy’s tacos and the amazing Greek dip), so I added cucumbers to my cart and I had a delicious new snack.  (The samples actually had sliced feta, but I was already getting crumbled, so I went with that.  It worked fine, but sliced would certainly be less messy.)

This is delicious, healthy, simple, and gluten free.  Perfect!

Thank you Costco!

No comments: