homemenubutton2aboutmenubutton2recipemenubutton2journeysmenubutton2linksmenubutton2contactmenubutton3

Monday, September 5, 2011

Gluten Free Onion Soup Mix Potatoes

I’ve mentioned before that my absolute favorite side dish was Lipton’s Onion Soup Mix Potatoes.  Well, unfortunately, Lipton has added Barley malt within the last year (good example of why you should check ingredients on everything, even if it’s usually safe; you never know when a company will change their formula).

Luckily, I found this at my local Associated Foods store (Kents):IMG_2198
I found this by the gravy.  They’re sold in these individual packets (rather in a box like Lipton).  The ingredients don’t show any gluten.*  I used the recipe from a Lipton box to see how to do the potatoes. IMG_2199
They weren’t quite like Liptons, but they turned out good.IMG_2200
I also tried this recipe once to make the mix from scratch.  The flavor wasn’t quite as strong, but I didn’t have celery salt and just left it out, so that’s probably why.  I’ll probably be more likely to use this from scratch recipe in the future (*the store-bought mixes are full of too many chemicals).

No comments: