Cute, huh? He likes to be held a lot though which equals not getting much done, including blogging. I wish I could promise I'll do better, but that probably wouldn't be wise, so I'll just say keep checking back because there will be at least occasional posts until I can get on a schedule again. Anyway, here's another delicious gluten free recipe (a whole dinner in fact!) for everyone to try out.
Gluten Free Cheesy Bacon Chicken
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts (however many you want)
- Bacon (however much you'd like- I always do more than I'll need because I eat it as I go)
- Onions (or onion salt/powder... whatever)
- Garlic or garlic salt/powder
- Cook bacon. I do mine extra crispy, eat a piece or two, and crumble the rest.
- Cook the onions or green peppers in the bacon grease if you're using them. Then cook the chicken in the grease adding any garlic/onion salt/powder you want.
- Put cooked chicken in baking dish. Add onion/green pepper mixture to top. Sprinkle on crumbled bacon. Add cheese. Put in heated oven till cheese is melted.
UPDATE: LIPTON'S ONION SOUP MIX NOW HAS GLUTEN IN IT!!! :(
One of my favorite side dishes of all time is Onion Soup mix potatoes. They taste delicious with this meal. I want to eat some right now! (All you need for this is potatoes, a packet of
Also, very good with the chicken are green beans. Especially when they're fresh from your mom's garden (thanks Mom!).
For now I'm not planning on doing a recipe card for this meal because it has so many variations and can be improvised. If anyone really wants one let me know and I'll make one up.
Cheesy Bacon Chicken