homemenubutton2aboutmenubutton2recipemenubutton2journeysmenubutton2linksmenubutton2contactmenubutton3

Friday, September 11, 2009

Cheesy Bacon Chicken Dinner

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. I blame it on him:

Cute, huh? He likes to be held a lot though which equals not getting much done, including blogging. I wish I could promise I'll do better, but that probably wouldn't be wise, so I'll just say keep checking back because there will be at least occasional posts until I can get on a schedule again. Anyway, here's another delicious gluten free recipe (a whole dinner in fact!) for everyone to try out.



Gluten Free Cheesy Bacon Chicken

I'm not going to lie... this isn't healthy. But it is delicious!

Ingredients:
  • Boneless skinless chicken breasts (however many you want)
  • Bacon (however much you'd like- I always do more than I'll need because I eat it as I go)
  • Cheese
  • Onions (or onion salt/powder... whatever)
  • Garlic or garlic salt/powder
As you can see from the ingredients list you can really do whatever you want with this. It's not an exact recipe. I'm mostly posting it to give you another gluten free dinner idea. You can add green peppers to it if you'd like or maybe bbq sauce (GF, of course)... whatever floats your boat. It's pretty hard to mess up.

Directions:
  1. Cook bacon. I do mine extra crispy, eat a piece or two, and crumble the rest.
  2. Cook the onions or green peppers in the bacon grease if you're using them. Then cook the chicken in the grease adding any garlic/onion salt/powder you want.
  3. Put cooked chicken in baking dish. Add onion/green pepper mixture to top. Sprinkle on crumbled bacon. Add cheese. Put in heated oven till cheese is melted.
  4. Enjoy!
Side Dish Ideas:
UPDATE:  LIPTON'S ONION SOUP MIX NOW HAS GLUTEN IN IT!!! :(
One of my favorite side dishes of all time is Onion Soup mix potatoes. They taste delicious with this meal. I want to eat some right now! (All you need for this is potatoes, a packet of Lipton's Onion Soup mix, and Olive Oil.)
Also, very good with the chicken are green beans. Especially when they're fresh from your mom's garden (thanks Mom!).
For now I'm not planning on doing a recipe card for this meal because it has so many variations and can be improvised. If anyone really wants one let me know and I'll make one up.

Enjoy!

Cheesy Bacon Chicken

No comments: