homemenubutton2aboutmenubutton2recipemenubutton2journeysmenubutton2linksmenubutton2contactmenubutton3

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Easy Gluten Free Snack Idea

IMG_7615

Life is so busy right now and it’s only going to get worse, but I wanted to quickly share my latest addiction. Especially since it can be hard to find quick gluten free snacks, so hopefully this will help you with snacking during the holidays.

My new favorite snack is this delicious trail mix I’ve been making. It’s almost super healthy - it has mini chocolate chips in it. I make a ton at a time and put some in my car, some in my purse, and some at home. It really should last me awhile (I make a huge mixing bowl), but I love it so much that it doesn’t last long at all.  

You can make it however you want, but here’s what I put in mine (everything is from the bulk bins at Winco):

  • almond slivers
  • raisins (with no preservatives)
  • raw pumpkin seeds
  • raw sunflower seeds
  • mini chocolate chips (if you buy organic dark chocolate chips, this would be healthy)

And then this last time I made it (because I had some on hand from Good Earth) I added unsweetened coconut flakes. If I make it to Good Earth before making this next I’ll add them again. They made some bites taste like Almond Joys. Yum!

Give it a try!

No comments: