homemenubutton2aboutmenubutton2recipemenubutton2journeysmenubutton2linksmenubutton2contactmenubutton3

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Gluten Free Creamy Cheesy Broccoli Cauliflower Soup

I’m way past due for a post, don’t you think? In honor of the cold weather I’m going to share a favorite soup recipe with you. It’s one I grew up eating and have always loved. Although, up until yesterday I’d only ever had it with cauliflower and not broccoli. My sister told me she adds broccoli, so I thought I’d give that a try and I love it even more! It’s a simple, fast recipe. Here you go (I copied this from my sister’s post- thanks Kim! – my changes/comments are in blue):

IMG_7479
Gluten Free
Creamy Cheesy Broccoli Cauliflower Soup

Ingredients:

  • 2lb head cauliflower and/or broccoli, chopped – I used a head of cauliflower and a regular bunch of broccoli. I plan to do the two from now on, but you can also use just cauliflower or just broccoli.
  • 4 green onions, chopped
  • 6 chicken boullion cubes – make sure they’re gluten free
  • 4 1/2 cups water
  • 1 t worchestershire sauce – make sure it’s gluten free. I actually put 1 TBS, not just a tsp. When I was younger I’d add more of it to more bowl for more kick. You can play with the amount till it’s how you like it.
  • 2 c cream – I usually use milk because I forget to buy the cream
  • 3 T cornstarch with 3 T water
  • 8 oz grated med. or sharp cheddar

Cook cauliflower/ broccoli, green onions, boullion and water 15 minutes, until tender. Add worchestershire & cream and bring to a boil. Slowly add cornstarch and water combo. Boil about 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in cheese. Can garnish with green onions and cheese.

My pictures are not great. Since it’s dark when we eat dinner my pictures aren’t as good in the winter. Plus, I was really hungry this day and didn’t feel like doing any fancy photo staging before eating. I figure that even though they’re bad, at least there are some, right? Smile Oh… and I only have three of them. And two are basically the same… (Good thing you read my blog for the recipes and tips and not the appearance).

IMG_7478Cauliflower, Broccoli, green onions, and boullion cubes. Once the water is added, cook, stirring occasionally, till veggies are tender.

Enjoy! Leftovers are delicious, too!IMG_7480

No comments: