homemenubutton2aboutmenubutton2recipemenubutton2journeysmenubutton2linksmenubutton2contactmenubutton3

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Gluten Free Dinner Idea: Mushrooms, garlic, and butter… yum!

IMG_5385Seriously, you can’t go wrong sautéing mushrooms in butter and garlic and then putting it on top of chicken. It makes any plain ol’ dinner seem fancy. I just grill up some chicken on my George Foreman grill, sauté the mushrooms, and then add whatever sides I happen to have on hand (1-2 veggies and maybe potatoes). Totally simple, last minute meal that is heavenly. I use Johnny’s Garlic Spread seasoning when I do garlic butter (artichokes, garlic bread, etc). You could put the mushrooms on top of mashed potatoes, too.

 image

If you don’t like mushrooms, you can use the same idea, but with toppings you do like. Cheese, onions, green peppers, or BBQ sauce, just to name a few. I also love buying fancy cheeses and doing this same thing (gorgonzola, blue cheese, feta, etc.). 

What’s your favorite topping for chicken?

2 comments:

R said...

Is this spread gluten free? I have seen it at Costco but wasn't sure. I have been gf for 3 weeks after being diagnosed with celiac, so any info helps! Thanks so much!

Bethany said...

Roxburgh's- Yes, it is gluten free. Though not all of the ingredients are that desirable, unfortunately.

Here's what the label says: Garlic, parmesan cheese (part skim milk, salt, cheese culture, enzymes, micro crystalline cellulose used for anti-caking), salt, L-glutamic acid, spices, parsley, silicon dioxide (anticaking agent).

I believe the L-glutamic acid is in the same family as MSG. So it doesn't contain gluten, but it's still not great for you.