homemenubutton2aboutmenubutton2recipemenubutton2journeysmenubutton2linksmenubutton2contactmenubutton3

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Gluten Free Dinner: Thai Kitchen product review

I did something this past week I rarely do. I bought a boxed dinner. I was checking out the rice noodles in the Asian section at Winco and the Thai Kitchen brand caught my eye. And this box in particular:IMG_5395The “peanut” part especially. I’m not sure whether or not all of the Thai Kitchen products are gluten free, but a whole lot are. And they’re all marked gluten free, so you don’t have to guess. I also picked up some Ramen Noodle like packages while I was there. Gross, I know, but sometimes it’s just nice to have a quick meal on hand. Those were around $.50 each and the Thai Peanut Noodle Kit was around $3. Not bad. You do have to add the chicken, peanuts, cilantro, and bean sprouts, so factor those into the final price.

All-in-all, I liked it. The flavor was delicious, the price was right, and it was easy to prepare. Downside: it contains MSG. Blah. Serving size says 3 and it fed me, my 2 toddlers, and my husband with no leftovers (well, my kids didn’t actually eat much of it because they weren’t sure about the bean sprouts, but they still had some on their plates). If you’re okay with the MSG, then I recommend this. It was tasty and a good price. That’s not easy to find in gluten free boxed dinners (heck, it’s not easy to find in gluten-full boxed dinners).IMG_5403

Directions (not hard):IMG_5398

Some of the ingredients and steps:IMG_5396IMG_5397IMG_5400

The bowl of peanuts I mashed to go on top:IMG_5401

Finished product. Yummy!IMG_5402

Have you tried any Thai Kitchen products? What’s your favorite flavor?

 

I was not compensated to do this post. I found this product on my own at the store and want to share what I think.

No comments: