homemenubutton2aboutmenubutton2recipemenubutton2journeysmenubutton2linksmenubutton2contactmenubutton3

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Gluten Free Copycat Chili’s Green Chili and Chicken Soup

There’s not a ton of gluten free options at Chili’s, but at least you’re not trying to guess what does and what doesn’t have gluten in it when you go there. I would have guessed that their chips were gluten free, but I would have been wrong. Chili’s has a gluten free menu that they update often. Pretty cool. I really really wish their chips were gluten free, but oh well. At least they have their delicious Green Chili and Chicken Soup.

I had a bunch of avocados this week and was wanting to make this. Luckily the Picky Palate had a copycat recipe for me.IMG_5364This was perfect for me because it’s gluten free, dairy free, and sugar free. Unfortunately, I used chicken bouillon cubes for my chicken broth and they have MSG. At least I now know that MSG for sure makes me nauseous and fuzzy-headed. Figuring out what makes me sick is half the battle.  IMG_5363

I left the cheese out of mine and just garnished with cilantro and avocado. DELICIOUS! I think it’s now time for me to learn to make my own chicken broth, so I can make this often.

Go here to get the recipe.

Enjoy!

No comments: