homemenubutton2aboutmenubutton2recipemenubutton2journeysmenubutton2linksmenubutton2contactmenubutton3

Friday, August 26, 2011

Gluten Free Tin Foil Dinner (aka: hobo dinner)

IMG_2195Tin foil dinners are an excellent gluten free dinner option.  They’re packed full of veggies, the meat of your choice, and any seasoning you want.  So good!  Here’s how I do it:
Add lots of veggies.  I love potatoes, carrots, onions, and cabbage.  I added the cabbage once because I had it and needed to use it up… I’ll always add it now.
IMG_2174
Place meat (I like hamburger in a patty shape) on the bottom, followed by potatoes (cut into steak fries), then carrots, onions, and cabbage.  Season however you want.  Just salt, pepper, and garlic salt is delicious, but you can also mix it up with Ranch dressing seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, or anything else you like.  Salt, pepper, garlic, and some Worcestershire is my favorite.
IMG_2179
Next, wrap it up.
IMG_2181IMG_2182
Seal the edges.
IMG_2183
And bake in a preheated oven (400 degrees) for an hour (or until desired doneness).IMG_2185IMG_2192
Everyone in my family loves this.  My husband eats it with ketchup (since there’s potatoes/fry type things) and my kids favorite part is the meat.  I especially love the meat and cabbage (which is weird because I never liked cabbage growing up).  Give it a try!
IMG_2194
And here’s a picture from another time I made it (to prove that there’s meat in there since you can’t see it in the other pics Winking smile ).IMG_1813
Original recipe from here.
What’s your favorite way to make a tin foil dinner?

No comments: