homemenubutton2aboutmenubutton2recipemenubutton2journeysmenubutton2linksmenubutton2contactmenubutton3

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Gluten Free Lunch Idea: cream cheese chili dip

Figuring out what to eat for lunch on a gluten free diet can be tricky when bread is out of the question.  I like to occasionally share some ideas from what I eat.  Now, to be honest, lunch has always been the hardest meal for me to eat, even when I ate gluten.  I don’t mind eating it.  I just hate taking a break in the middle of the day to figure out what sounds good.  So posts like this are as much for me as they are for you.  I need reminders of what I enjoy.
This is one of my daughters favorite lunches (even though she looks less than thrilled in the picture).  She asks for it often.IMG_1286
It’s delicious and simple.  Blend together 1 can of gluten free chili (I use Hormel) and 1 brick of cream cheese (8 oz).  I use an immersion blender to mix it.  Also, I’ll sometimes only use half a brick of cream cheese to save money. 
Heat in microwave.
Eat with GF tortilla chips.  Add a vegetable and fruit on the side.  When I’m feeling especially ambitious I’ll also do a fruit dip and add ranch for the veggies and we’ll have a dipping lunch. 
IMG_1284
(BTW, I eat much more than the amount of chili dip that’s on this plate.  This was for my daughter.)
I hope this helps you with ideas!
Enjoy!

No comments: