This used to be the staple salad my mom would take to potlucks. It’s delicious! (Although, I’ll admit, I didn’t appreciate it as a kid. I was only after the jell-o salads at that point.)
- 1 9-10 oz. pkg. baby spinach
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- cooked bacon, crumbled (or the crumbled kind in a bag from Costco)
- 1/2-1 pint cottage cheese (decide how much you want as you mix it in)
- Optional: GF croutons (I left these out)
Mix all together.
- 1 cup oil
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbs dried onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp dried mustard
- Optional: 1 tsp MSG (I didn’t use this because I don’t like MSG, but it’s supposed to enhance the flavor)
Mix all together and pour on salad right before serving.