homemenubutton2aboutmenubutton2recipemenubutton2journeysmenubutton2linksmenubutton2contactmenubutton3

Friday, February 18, 2011

Gluten Free Spinach Salad

This used to be the staple salad my mom would take to potlucks.  It’s delicious!  (Although, I’ll admit, I didn’t appreciate it as a kid.  I was only after the jell-o salads at that point.)

IMG_0941

Salad Ingredients:

  • 1 9-10 oz. pkg. baby spinach
  • 1 head romaine lettuce
  • cooked bacon, crumbled (or the crumbled kind in a bag from Costco)
  • 1/2-1 pint cottage cheese (decide how much you want as you mix it in)
  • Optional:  GF croutons (I left these out)

Mix all together.

Dressing Ingredients:

  • 1 cup oil
  • 1/2 cup vinegar
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2 Tbs dried onion
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp dried mustard
  • Optional:  1 tsp MSG (I didn’t use this because I don’t like MSG, but it’s supposed to enhance the flavor)

Mix all together and pour on salad right before serving.

IMG_0942Give it a try.  It’s delicious!

No comments: