homemenubutton2aboutmenubutton2recipemenubutton2journeysmenubutton2linksmenubutton2contactmenubutton3

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Gluten Free Waffles from GF Bisquick

I finally branched out and made something other than pancakes with the Gluten Free Bisquick mix and it was delicious!  Actually, I’ve made these 3 or 4 times.  Yum!
My favorite thing to do when I make waffles or my family is to have tons of add in options and they each get to pick what they want for each waffle.  Here are some ideas:  blueberries, heath toffee chips, chocolate chips, walnuts, raisins, coconut, strawberries, etc.  My favorites are blueberry and a mix with toffee, chocolate chips, and coconut. 
I also love to experiment with different syrups/toppings.  Some ideas:  maple syrup, jam, yogurt, a cream cheese/powdered sugar glaze, etc.
IMG_0933IMG_0934
Pros: 
  • Delicious
  • Tastes like normal waffles
  • Easy to make
Cons:
  • Doesn’t make very many. 
Just be aware that one batch of waffles will only make 3 sets of waffles (as in 12 individual waffles if you pulled them apart).  I tend to eat 2 sets at a time and that only leaves one for leftover (I’m big on leftovers) and if I was feeding someone else who was gluten free I’d need to double it.  Not a huge deal, but be aware.  The pancake recipe feeds a lot more (which makes sense). 
Give these a try if you haven’t already. 

No comments: