homemenubutton2aboutmenubutton2recipemenubutton2journeysmenubutton2linksmenubutton2contactmenubutton3

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Gluten Free Poppy Seed Cake- using Betty Crocker mix

This recipe is AMAZING!  I'm wishing it wasn't 11:00 at night because I'm wanting to make this really badly right now. 
This is one of my brother-in-law's families favorite cake recipes.  His sister was on a gluten free diet for awhile and figured out how to convert the recipe in order to use a gluten free Betty Crocker cake mix (they're smaller than normal boxes of cake mix).  Thank you to her!  And to my brother-in-law and sister for making it for me (my sister is also gluten free and her sweet husband makes her gluten free treats a lot)!  
My sweet sister and her husband making the cake for me.  And yes, my tough football player brother-in-law chose to wear that apron himself :).
If you've started any kind of New Year's resolution dealing with weight loss, you'll definitely want to make sure to have guests over to share this with because it's so good you won't want to stop eating it.  Trust me.  I know.

Here's what you'll need:
  

Ingredients:
  • 1 box Betty Crocker Gluten Free yellow cake mix
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 3 eggs
  • 3 t. vanilla
  • 1 small box instant vanilla pudding
  • 4 T. poppy seeds
  • cinnamon sugar
Tools:
  • bundt pan
  • mixer
  • cooking spray
Here's how to make it...

1.  Spray bundt pan with cooking spray and then evenly coat it with cinnamon sugar.

 2.  Mix all the other ingredients together in the order listed. 

3.  Beat on Medium for 15 minutes.
 

 4.  Pour batter into bundt pan 

5.  Add more cinnamon sugar to the bottom (you can put as little or as much as you'd like.  I like a lot.).

  
6.  Bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes.  Don't over bake.  The crack in the top should look wet.

7.  Dump it out and enjoy!!! 

No comments: