homemenubutton2aboutmenubutton2recipemenubutton2journeysmenubutton2linksmenubutton2contactmenubutton3

Friday, August 28, 2009

Product Review: Grandpa's Kitchen Pancake Mix

I'd heard of this brand from a friend, but hadn't seen it in the usual stores I shop at so I didn't try it until my wonderful mom bought it for me (she bought me a bunch of gluten free treats after having my baby). Let me just say: IT IS SO GOOD!!!

And it's a Utah's Own product! How cool is that?! When you buy this delicious mix (or any of their other mixes which I'm sure are amazing and I'm excited to try) not only will you get to enjoy a yummy treat, but you'll also be helping out the local economy. That's pretty awesome if you ask me.

The mix makes a lot of pancakes too. Often, gluten free mixes make half the amount a gluten-filled mix of the same pastry would make and that's annoying (especially since they cost twice as much). This picture shows the big pile it made (minus a few my daughter ate while I cooked them). I'm planning to freeze some that I can pop in the toaster later on- if I don't eat them all before I get the chance. You should be aware that this isn't just a pancake mix that you mix with water and it's ready.  It's a gluten free flour mixture that's specific for pancakes, so you still need to add other ingredients (baking powder, sugar, oil, etc.) that all pancake from scratch recipes call for. I prefer pancakes from scratch anyway, so this is perfect!  They are seriously so good!!!

Go get yourself a Grandpa's Kitchen mix! They sell them in stores all over the Wasatch Front and if you're not in the area you can order online.

No comments: