homemenubutton2aboutmenubutton2recipemenubutton2journeysmenubutton2linksmenubutton2contactmenubutton3

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Gluten Free Review: Whisk Bliss creamy cooking base

I recently had the opportunity to try out the gluten-free version of Whisk Bliss.

Whisk Bliss is a product from the Utah-based cooking solutions company called Shirley J (yay for a Utah company!). Simply put, Whisk Bliss is a just-add-water cream sauce. You can use it as the base for hundreds of creamy recipes. Think of all those recipes that call for a can of cream-of-something soup or the soup recipes that want flour for thickening. Now you can easily make them gluten free (even easier than making up my gluten free cream soup mix recipe)!

They’ve got recipes if you need ideas on how to use it, but you can also just use it in any recipe needing a yummy, creamy base.

I made an alfredo sauce with it and it was so easy!

IMG_5859I didn’t have any of the Shirley J Chicken Boullion, so I just used the gluten free kind I already had on hand.IMG_5858IMG_5861

IMG_5862IMG_5863IMG_5865

Ta Da! It really was as simple as the pictures make it look!
I love that companies are recognizing the need for gluten free. Their gluten-free products make my life easier Smile.

Shirley J also has another exciting gluten-free product that I’ll be reviewing soon and that one will come with a giveaway, so watch for it.

If you’d like some Gluten-Free Whisk Bliss you can go to the Shirley J website and order some for yourself. Or you can check to see if there’s a store near you (if you’re in Utah, they’re all over, but they’re also in stores in 14 other states, so be sure to check if there’s one near you even if you’re outside of Utah) and go pick it up. Yay for yummy and simple!

No comments: