homemenubutton2aboutmenubutton2recipemenubutton2journeysmenubutton2linksmenubutton2contactmenubutton3

Friday, March 11, 2011

Gluten Free Cajun Chicken

In honor of Mardi Gras or “Fat Tuesday” this past week I made some Cajun food.  Some Cajun Style Baked Sweet Potato fries and Cajun Chicken.  I’ll post about the sweet potato fries another time.  This post is all about the delicious chicken.
It’s way easy to make and is so flavorful!  And even better than that, you only have to marinade it for 1/2 hour!  Perfect for someone like me who doesn’t think about it soon enough.  It does have a bit of a kick to it, but not too much (I can be a wuss when it comes to spicy).  It’s the perfect amount.
I followed the recipe (which I got from Allrecipes here) for the spices exactly and made a few changes of my own.  I only used 2 chicken breasts, so I didn’t need as much oil.  I mixed the spices and then dumped them into a gallon-sized plastic bag and poured in the oil until I thought it was enough (I used some vegetable oil and some olive oil).  I then put cut up chicken in to the bag, shook, made sure every piece was covered, and stuck it in the fridge to marinate for about 45 minutes.  Then I grilled it on my Foreman grill.  DELICIOUS!  I loved the chicken being cut as small as they were.  It meant there was more of the yummy flavor in each bite. 
IMG_1889
Here’s the recipe with added notes of what I did:
Gluten Free Cajun Chicken
Ingredients:
  • 2 cups vegetable oil (I used less and I used some olive oil)
  • 2 Tbs Cajun seasoning
  • 2 Tbs dried Italian seasoning
  • 2 Tbs lemon pepper
  • garlic powder to taste
  • 5 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness (I used 2 and didn’t pound them down.  I just cut them into bite-sized pieces.)
Directions (how I did it):
  1. Mix spices together in a gallon-sized bag.  Pour in oil till it looks like it can coat the chicken.  Cut chicken into size you want and put in bag.  Seal bag and coat the chicken with the seasoning.  Put in refrigerator to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
  2. Preheat grill for high heat (or Foreman grill).
  3. Lightly oil the grill grate.  Place chicken on hot grill and cook for 6 to 8 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear.
IMG_1891
Enjoy!



P.S.  If you haven't already, hurry and get this Gluten Free Deal!  It's for GoPicnic and just needs a few more deals purchased for everyone to get it.  I want to get the deal!!!  The food looks delicious!

No comments: