homemenubutton2aboutmenubutton2recipemenubutton2journeysmenubutton2linksmenubutton2contactmenubutton3

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Gluten Free Side Dish- Jerusalem Artichokes

This past week I got these in my Bountiful Basket:IMG_1774
I thought it was ginger, but I found out they’re Jerusalem artichokes.  They’re delicious! 
I used this recipe from Jamie Oliver.  I didn’t have any white wine vinegar, so I used red wine vinegar and it was really tasty. IMG_1778
IMG_1780
My daughter wouldn’t give them a chance, but my son (1 1/2 years) devoured them.
They reminded me of potatoes (texture-wise), but they have a nutty taste.  Really good!  I have no clue what the price would be at the store, but I will be checking into it.  I want to try these with bacon chunks in it. 
Yum!  Give it a try!

No comments: