homemenubutton2aboutmenubutton2recipemenubutton2journeysmenubutton2linksmenubutton2contactmenubutton3

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Gluten Free Mushroom Chicken

My husband dubbed this "restaurant quality" chicken, so I guess that means it's pretty good. It was my own invention, so I was just glad it turned out. I used the recipe for these mouth-watering stuffed mushrooms as my guide, put it inside chicken, and added my gluten free creamy soup mixture (more on that later). I'm not sure exactly what measurements I used. I had some left over and made the stuffed mushrooms out of it. You really can't go wrong if you have leftovers of the filling (yummy as a dip with tortilla chips) or the mushrooms, so I'm not overly concerned.


Mushroom Chicken


Ingredients:
  • 3-4 chicken breasts, defrosted and split in half like a book
  • Gluten Free Cream Soup
  • 5 whole fresh mushrooms (or more*)
  • 1 T Olive oil
  • 1 T minced garlic
  • 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 t pepper
  • 1/4 t onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon chili powder (in place of cayenne pepper, because I didn't have any)
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Wash mushrooms and chop into tiny pieces. (You can also just chop the stems so you can use the caps for stuffing extra filling or to put on top of the finished chicken.*)
  3. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and chopped mushroom stems. Fry until moisture has disappeared. Set aside to cool.
  4. When garlic and mushroom mixture has cooled, stir in cream cheese, parmesan cheese, pepper, onion powder, and chili powder. Mixture should be very thick.
  5. Place chicken breasts in casserole dish and put mushroom mixture in each.
  6. Close each chicken and pour the Gluten Free Cream Soup over the top.
  7. Bake for about 40 minutes.
*Optional: Saute sliced mushroom tops in garlic to put on top. Also, use the leftovers to make the actual stuffed mushrooms.

Enjoy!

Those are some sweet potatoes with brown sugar next to the mushroom chicken.

No comments: