homemenubutton2aboutmenubutton2recipemenubutton2journeysmenubutton2linksmenubutton2contactmenubutton3

Monday, April 12, 2010

Gluten Free Snacks Series: Dips


Photo from here
 I LOVE dips!!!

I didn't realize I loved them so much until my sister-in-law sent a text asking for ideas for appetizers and all my replies involved a dip. The nice thing about dips is that the possibilities are endless of what you can do and it's easy to make your own gluten free dips.

Someday I hope to do a series of posts just on dips alone (I love them that much) and I'll include all of the recipes there. For now, here are some quick ideas to get your brain thinking in this direction, as well as the recipe for my all-time favorite dip, Easy Apple Dip (creative name, I know):

  • Veggies and dip: I tend to stick with good ol' Ranch dressing (it's yummy and simple), but there are so many delicious and simple vegetable dip recipes out there.
  • Fruit and dip: Yogurt, that marshmallow dip, chocolate, etc. There are so many DELICIOUS fruit dips.
  • Chips and salsa: Yummy just plain, but can also be spiced up with melted cheese, or by adding beans, or cream cheese.
  • Chips and other types of dip: Again, there are so many kinds! Artichoke dip (make sure it's GF or make your own), Velveeta dips (there are tons), cream cheese and chili, etc.

Easy Apple Dip
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese
  • Apples or other fruit (my favorite is Granny Smith Apples)
  • Optional: 1 tsp vanilla
  • Also, optional: Add-ins like Heath Bar chunks
Directions: Mix all together (an immersion blender works, best, but I use a fork half the time because I'm too lazy to want to clean the blender) and enjoy!!!

WARNING!!!: This is seriously addicting! I can eat this whole amount by myself if I'm not careful (that's a whole block of cream cheese!).


P.S. While searching for a "dip" picture I came upon some fun recipes. How about Pizza dip? I don't like Canadian bacon, but I think I'll try this with pepperoni.

What are some of your favorite dips?

No comments: