homemenubutton2aboutmenubutton2recipemenubutton2journeysmenubutton2linksmenubutton2contactmenubutton3

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Gluten Free Cinnamon Crisps

I've been into frying things lately and discovered a new love. Frying white corn tortillas! YUM!!! I first did it because we were having taco soup and were out of tortilla chips. I love tortilla chips with my taco soup. So I made some. It was so good! I'll be making my own chips for that soup from now on.

Later that night I had the munchies. Since the oil was still in the pan I decided to experiment. I came up with Cinnamon Crisps. There are some specific delicious recipe out there for these, but I just guessed on measurements.

I fried up the white corn tortillas strips and then sprinkled cinnamon and sugar on them. Very yummy! Next time I'll probably put melted butter on them first. I also like the idea of making some sort of a honey butter dip for them.

Other recipes I saw baked the tortillas rather than fry them, but those were with flour tortillas. One of these days I'll try baking the white corn tortillas and see how it works.

If you've tried something like this, leave a comment and let us know how you season yours and if you bake or fry.

No comments: