I really should have written down exactly what I did, but I didn't. Sorry. I didn't realize it would turn out so good. I'll put down the ingredients without the measurements. Use however much you think will be good. It's pretty hard to mess up.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts (however many you want)
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Tomatoes sliced
- Basil (I used dried because it's all I had, but I'm sure fresh would be better)
- Kraft Italian dressing (I always use Kraft Italian in recipes. It tastes the best)
1. Slice chicken horizontally, without cutting them completely in half (so they open like a book).
2. Marinate chicken in Italian dressing (I only marinated mine for about an hour).
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
4. Place chicken open in baking dish. Pour Italian dressing on it and into bottom of dish.
5. Sprinkle basil on open chicken, put tomato slices and cheese on (I love all of these ingredients, so I used a lot).
6. Close chicken and bake at 350 for about 45 minutes (until fully cooked).
We also had Lipton Onion Soup potatoes (my absolute favorite!) and peas. It was Heavenly!!! There are so many different things you can do with this idea. Stuff the chicken with anything you want (spinach and bacon sounds yummy!), use different marinades, spices, etc. Mix things up according to your mood. If you have a favorite way to do stuffed chicken, let me know.
Cheesy Tomato Basil Stuffed Chicken