homemenubutton2aboutmenubutton2recipemenubutton2journeysmenubutton2linksmenubutton2contactmenubutton3

Thursday, August 6, 2009

I'll be back, Betty Crocker, and Chex...

I swear I'm going to continue with this blog someday! I even have a ton of pictures and recipes ready to be put into a post... I just haven't had the time (nor motivation) to do so. I'm having a baby any day now and I've been busy busy busy getting ready (and my 21 month old keeps me plenty busy on her own). I promise I'll continue with this blog, I just can't say when. Hopefully within the month.

I'm also trying to figure out exactly what direction I want to take with it and as of right now I don't think I'm going to have anyone else be permanent writers on it. But I will take guest writers and I can do links to your blogs if you have a great post you've written on your own blog.


And just so that this is a semi-helpful post as far as gluten free goes:

Betty Crocker sells mixes and they are delicious!!!! Well, at least the brownie mix is. My mom found it in Highland at Kohlers. I haven't checked any stores near me yet. If you see it in your stores, feel free to comment where you saw it. I believe the brownie and cookie mixes are around $5 and the white and chocolate cake mixes are $4. Not way cheap, but not terrible. And seriously. So. Good. Click here to find them in a store near you.


Also, I have now seen all of the new gluten free Chex flavors. There's (of course) rice and corn Chex, as well as Honey-nut, Strawberry, Chocolate, and Cinammon. My personal favorites are Honey-nut and Cinammon. Actually, I haven't tried Strawberry yet, but my sister likes it. It's hit and miss where I've been able to find these. All of them except Strawberry have been in the Centerville Wal-mart. I'm not the biggest fan of the Chocolate, but it's my friends favorite, especially as a munchy snack without milk. My husband and daughter also like the chocolate. So basically you need to try them all for yourself to find your favorite. I love General Mills!

No comments: