homemenubutton2aboutmenubutton2recipemenubutton2journeysmenubutton2linksmenubutton2contactmenubutton3

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I Love General Mills

UPDATE: All of the Chex boxes should be updated to say "Gluten Free" now. Cinnamon Chex is my favorite, then Rice Chex. There's also chocolate, strawberry, honey nut, and corn. YUM!

Look what I've been eating for breakfast lately:


It is so delicious!!! General Mills is expanding it's line of gluten free Chex cereal to include Corn Chex and Honey Nut Chex (along with Rice Chex, which has been gf for awhile now). They're doing this by replacing the gluten-filled barley malt with molasses.

Even though it's only one ingredient, it takes a lot of money to make this change and to ensure that all of their equipment is gluten free so we don't have to worry about cross-contamination in the cereal. I love General Mills for doing this! (By the way, they are a sponsor of the Celiac Disease Foundation.)

They're still in the process of switching out the old boxes of Corn and Honey Nut Chex, so it can be hard to find the gluten free boxes. The boxes that are safe to eat will say "Gluten Free" big across the front (see picture), so be sure to only eat these ones. I also heard rumor that Chocolate and Strawberry Chex are being made gluten free, so be on the lookout for those. I'll let you know when I first find some.

I found my boxes of gluten free Honey Nut Chex at the Wal-mart in Centerville. I can't remember exactly what I paid for them, but I believe it was around $2.75. I'm guessing Wal-marts will be the first to get them. Let me know where in Utah you find yours so we can help others find this delicious cereal.

No comments: