homemenubutton2aboutmenubutton2recipemenubutton2journeysmenubutton2linksmenubutton2contactmenubutton3

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

About Me

I've started blogging on a great website called Crazi Beautiful Women. Everyone should check it out! My section is under Culinary Entertainment in the Girlfriend to Girlfriend section. Here's the first post I did to introduce myself:

Hi! My name is Bethany. I am a stay-at-home-mom to a darling 15-month-old girl with another baby on the way (due Aug. 27). I have many passions in life. One of them is learning more about living a gluten-free lifestyle and helping others to do the same. This became a passion just a few years ago (the summer of 2006) when I discovered I was gluten intolerant (and possibly have Celiac disease). I discovered this right in the middle of dating my future husband. We were married February 2007 and had our sweet daughter 9 months later.

I’m not going to lie and say the past 2 ½ years of being gluten-free has been a breeze. It’s actually been a roller coaster ride. It was tough at first and then I got pregnant and it was even harder (it seemed like all my cravings were for gluten-filled foods that I couldn’t have). But it did get better - almost easy. After awhile, I stopped craving foods that has gluten in them, plus I learned tricks on how to eat gluten-free without feeling like I was missing out. Now that I’m pregnant again, the cravings are back (though not as bad as the first time), but the benefits of living a gluten-free lifestyle are worth it.

My hope is that my posts will be able to help others who are living (or should be living) a gluten-free lifestyle either because they have Celiac disease, a gluten intolerance, or just want to improve their health through the diet. I plan on posting recipes, gluten-free product reviews, info on Celiac disease/gluten intolerance, tips on making living gluten-free easier, info on the best restaurants in Utah to eat gluten-free, and more.

I understand that finding out you can’t have gluten can be extremely difficult and I want to be as much of a support as I can. If you have any questions, please ask away. I’d love to base my posts on what readers want to know most about. Like I said at the beginning, the gluten-free lifestyle has become a passion of mine, especially helping to make it easier for others.

No comments: