homemenubutton2aboutmenubutton2recipemenubutton2journeysmenubutton2linksmenubutton2contactmenubutton3

Friday, August 29, 2008

Delicious bread

I bought a GF bread mix awhile ago, planning to make it in a bread maker I inherited. I finally decided to figure out the bread maker yesterday (it actually ended up being very simple), but it turned out the mix was for a 2 lb. maker and mine was 1 1/2 lbs. Sadness.

So I decided to make my husband some bread in the maker and make mine in the oven. They both turned out great, but I'm going to focus on mine since this is a gluten-free blog :).

This is the mix:
Pamela's Wheat-Free Bread Mix (don't worry, it's gluten-free too). I was a little skeptical about this mix because I'm not the biggest fan of some Pamela's already made cookies I tried, but it turned out to be very good.

Tips on making it without a bread maker:

Be sure to read the directions carefully and do exactly what they say. It's not hard, but you do have to put the ingredients into a liquid measuring cup just as it says to. Then use a big electric mixer to blend the ingredients.
I don't have a bread pan I like, so I decided to make rolls. It was simple. You just put the dough into a muffin pan.
Dough sitting for an hour to rise

Finished product!

I'm not kidding when I tell you these rolls are amazing (I took a bite out of one and then remembered I wanted a picture so I put it back)! They taste like normal, gluten-full rolls to me. I'm taking some to Paige tomorrow and I'll have her do a review of them too (especially since she's been GF for a shorter period than me).


Buying the mix:
I got this mix from Gregory's Wheat Shop in Bountiful for $5.25. I love this store! They sell a ton of GF products I haven't seen elsewhere and the price isn't terrible (for GF).

I loved this mix and will be buying another one. I'm also going to try making GF bread without a mix in my bread maker using the cheapest ingredients possible. Ha! My guess is I'll enjoy it, but it won't be good enough to share. We'll see.

No comments: