All you have to have to make this is gluten free noodles and these two things:
K, ready for the recipe? I hope it’s not too complicated. ;) Pour the jar of sun-dried tomato pesto into a pan and then pour all of the heavy whipping cream in. Stir and let simmer for however long you feel (for me it depends on when my husband gets home, but 15-30 minutes would be good). Cook your noodles in the meantime. Then put this delicious creamy sauce over your noodles and enjoy!
Pretty simple, huh?
Now, if you’d like to get a little more complicated and add chicken and spinach, here’s what you do. Cook the chicken in your skillet with a little olive oil or butter first (you can sprinkle some salt and pepper on it - or not). Once cooked add the pesto and cream. Add in chopped up spinach. At some point, cut up the chicken into chunks and put back into the sauce (or leave the chicken whole, but it was really good cut up). Simmer and heat through awhile. Serve over pasta. Enjoy!
See, even the complicated version is the easiest thing ever. Cooking the noodles is the hardest part.
Now for the little details:
- I buy the sun-dried tomato pesto at Wal-mart. I’ve never tried it with any kind other than the Classico. It costs between $3 and $4. I have only ever seen this size.
- The heavy whipping cream is 1 pint (the medium sized carton at the store).
- I really liked having the spiral pasta and recommend this (it catches the sauce nicely), but any gluten free kind will work. I used Heartland brand because it’s cheap at Walmart.
- I served it with a salad because even with the spinach, I wanted more veggies for our meal.
Here’s the recipe for those who want to print it (by either printing “selected text” or copying and pasting into a Word document… sorry, I’m not fancy enough to know how to make a printable version for you):
Gluten Free Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
- 1 jar Classico Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- Gluten free pasta
- Optional: spinach, finely chopped
- Optional: Chicken tenderloins or breasts (and oil to cook it in)
- If adding chicken, cook it in skillet.
- Add jar of sun-dried tomato pesto and heavy whipping cream. Stir together. Add in chopped spinach. Cut up chicken if want bite-sized pieces.
- Simmer/heat through (15-30 minutes).
- Cook pasta.