homemenubutton2aboutmenubutton2recipemenubutton2journeysmenubutton2linksmenubutton2contactmenubutton3

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Gluten Free Product Review: Helping Hands Bakery

Remember when I first mentioned Helping Hands Bakery and said I was excited to try them? Well, they sent me a package of goodies, so I was able to!

Helping Hands Bakery is an awesome gluten free bakery that also provides jobs and job training for adults with special needs. They’re located in Boulder, Colorado, but you can purchase their products at Whole Foods Markets in Utah (and CO, NM, and KS) as well as online. Bonus: they offer free shipping! They’d love to be in even more stores in Utah, so ask your local stores to start carrying their products. Good for this wonderful company and good for you, so it’s easier for you to buy them. Win-win :).

They sent me a bunch of stuff. Here’s my review of each one (and don’t worry, the rest of the pictures were taken during the day and are much prettier):IMG_4576IMG_4674The Monster Bites were my favorites. Absolutely delicious! It’s a chocolate chip oatmeal cookie with raisins and coconut. A yummy and filling snack.

IMG_4670 I didn’t really like the Snickerdoodles. They didn’t have enough flavor for me.

IMG_4672The funny thing about the Cranberry & Flax Bites was that sometimes I loved them and sometimes they tasted too “healthy” for me. Weird, I know. They definitely have a “good for you” taste going on (probably because of the flax), but the times I liked them, I really liked them.

IMG_4680I loved this Pumpkin Tea Cake! It was very moist and good! I’m a huge fan of pumpkin and this was a nice fall treat.

IMG_4677Here’s a different view to give you a better idea of what it is (since I didn’t take pictures of the unwrapped bars).

IMG_4681This Boulder Bar was incredible! It’s loaded with lots and lots of yummy stuff. GF oats, chocolate chips, almonds, coconut, flax meal, sunflower seeds, and cranberries. It’s perfect for a sweet snack when you’re feeling hungry.

IMG_4678Here’s another view of the Boulder Bar.

IMG_4679Papa’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar was yummy. I don’t know how to explain the texture except that it seemed to melt in my mouth. I liked it. It doesn’t have as much substance as the Monster Bites or Boulder Bar, but I enjoyed the light taste and texture.

Be sure to check them out and get some delicious gluten free treats for yourself (especially the Boulder Bar and Monster Bites… yum…)!

No comments: