homemenubutton2aboutmenubutton2recipemenubutton2journeysmenubutton2linksmenubutton2contactmenubutton3

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Tax Write-off on Gluten Free Products

As many of my readers know, I have not been officially diagnosed as having celiac disease. My blood tests came back negative and I stopped there. I think my sensitivity is an intolerance and not celiac disease, but I'll now never know for sure because I won't go back on gluten to find out.

If you're just starting out on the gluten free path and are wondering whether or not you should go through the hassle of the tests, here's something to consider:  you can write off the price difference of special gluten free products on your taxes, but only if you have an official doctor diagnosis of celiac.

Click here for some more info on it.

And here is another article. 

Would the hassle of tracking all of your purchases be worth it? I think that depends on how many special gluten free products you buy. For the family at the Gluten Free Expo who told me they go through 2-3 loaves of Udi's bread a week at $5-$6 a loaf, I'd say it's definitely worth it! 

What do you think? Is it worth it? Have you done this or do you think you will?

No comments: