homemenubutton2aboutmenubutton2recipemenubutton2journeysmenubutton2linksmenubutton2contactmenubutton3

Friday, November 18, 2011

Amazing Gluten Free Cream Cheese Cupcakes

IMG_3260Are you ready for the most delicious and simple cupcake recipe ever?! It’s so simple because you just use a gluten free cake mix (I used Betty Crocker), add the filling, and you get the most amazing cupcakes! I will warn you, they’re extremely addicting. Extremely.
These are the cupcakes I make when I need a bunch for a big party. They’re easy enough to make a large amount and they’re so good that they’re always the star of the dessert. I also make a strawberry version and take them too. (The directions for those are at the very bottom of this post.)
Of course, you can use your own chocolate cake recipe if you prefer. It works with any chocolate cake batter (as long as it’s yummy). The star of these is the cream cheese chocolate filling. Here’s how I make them.
First, mix up some batter using this: IMG_3258
IMG_3248
Then use this recipe from allrecipes for the filling (my recipe and notes are below):IMG_3247
Fill the cups with chocolate batter then cream cheese mixture.IMG_3252
Bake.IMG_3257
Enjoy either with our without frosting (I prefer without).IMG_3255
Maybe I should call them gluten free marble cupcakes. Thoughts?IMG_3256
I actually prefer the mini cupcakes for this recipe. They’re perfect for popping in your mouth and they have a lot of the cream cheese filling. Yum!IMG_3254
Seriously AMAZING!!!IMG_3266
Here’s the recipe all ready to be copied, pasted, and printed (if anyone knows how I can make these printable by clicking it, let me know and I’ll do it):
Gluten Free Self-Filled Cream Cheese Cupcakes
Gluten Free in Utah
Ingredients:
  • 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I use mini chips)
  • 1 package gluten free chocolate cake mix
    • Ingredients cake mix calls for
Directions for cupcakes:
  1. Preheat oven to temperature on cake mix and line cupcake pan with cupcake papers.
  2. Prepare chocolate cake mix batter how it says on box, but do not bake.
  3. In separate bowl cream together cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
  4. Beat in the egg until well blended, then stir in chocolate chips.
  5. Fill 1/3 full with chocolate cake batter.
  6. Add cream cheese mixture to the center. *I do at least 1 Tbs (usually much more), but it’s up to you how much you use. Total the cup should be about 2/3 full.
  7. Bake according to cake package directions.
  8. Cool and frost. If you want to. They’re so delicious, I like them without frosting.
  9. Enjoy!
*(The original recipe calls for just 1 tsp of mixture and then to put more chocolate batter on top. I do much more filling and don’t add batter to the top.)

Also, you should try a strawberry and white chocolate version of this recipe. Do everything the same except for these changes:
  • white gluten free cake mix instead of chocolate
  • strawberry cream cheese instead of white
  • white chocolate chips instead of regular
I haven’t tried the strawberry version yet, but I’ve made a gluten-filled version for multiple parties and they’re always a favorite. YUMMY!!!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,
I made these the other day. The cream cheese filling turned out super runny and just floated to the top of the cupcake. It didn't stay all gooey and yummy. I don't know what I did wrong! Suggestions?