homemenubutton2aboutmenubutton2recipemenubutton2journeysmenubutton2linksmenubutton2contactmenubutton3

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Product Review: Gluten Free Bisquick

General Mills now makes Gluten Free Bisquick.  I figured it would taste good because General Mills wasn't about to put their name on something that wasn't (they do Betty Crocker), so I was excited to try it.  I was right; it is delicious!

I just made regular ol' pancakes with my mix (twice) because I love pancakes, but there is a ton of delicious options you can make with this mix.  I am dying to make this Gluten Free Impossibly Easy French Apple Pie.  Doesn't it sound amazing?!  And it only takes 1/2 a cup of mix (and 1/3 for the streusel topping)!  I believe there are just over 3 1/2 cups of mix in each box.  Each time I make pancakes (about 10) it uses 1 cup, so I could do pancakes 3 times plus the Apple Pie all with the one box.  That's a great value considering how much you can make, the price, and how versatile the mix is!

Speaking of value, let's talk cost.  My mom spotted the Bisquick Gluten Free mix first at Kohler's in Highland.  It was $2.50!!!  I really hope it stays that price there, so that every time I visit my parents I can stock up.  At Smith's Marketplace in Bountiful it was closer to $5 and my sister saw it for around $5 at a Fresh Market in Provo.  Walmart in Cedar Hills had it for around $4 (a bit less, I think).  So basically, look around.  Check stores you're at and compare prices.  Also, each store is different as far as where you can locate the item.  I've seen it in special gluten free sections and I've also seen it by the regular Bisquick.  Keep your eyes peeled.  This is definitely a gluten free product you'll always want to have on hand. 

Click here to enter to win a free box.

Let me know where you find your Bisquick Gluten Free mix and what it cost!  

Also, if you've tried any other recipe besides pancakes with the Bisquick Gluten Free mix, how did it turn out?

No comments: