homemenubutton2aboutmenubutton2recipemenubutton2journeysmenubutton2linksmenubutton2contactmenubutton3

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Amazing Gluten Free Chicken Marinade

This marinade is extremely tasty! We tried it on a Monday night and we loved it so much I made some the next day for a neighbor who had recently had a baby. I was sad I hadn't made enough for my family because it smelt so good and I've been craving it ever since. I think we'll be having it again next week.


Best Gluten Free Chicken Marinade!
(No, my salad is not brown and wilted. It's got a homemade Chinese salad dressing on it that is brown. I will be posting the recipe for that and the grilled corn in the future.)

Recipe from my favorite site, allrecipes.com- I modified it a little after reading the reviews

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
  • 3/4 cup soy sauce (make sure it's GF)
  • 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce (make sure it's GF)
  • 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (the original recipe calls for1/2 c red wine vinegar and no balsamic- this gives the chicken a nice caramelized glaze)
  • 1/3 cup lemon juice
  • 2 Tb dry mustard
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 Tb black pepper
  • 1 1/2 tsp parsley (fresh or dried)
  • Chicken- As much as you want, this makes a lot* of marinade. I like to cut my chicken into strips so that there's more surface area that gets caramelized on the grill.

Directions:
  1. In medium bowl mix oil, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, both vinegars, and lemon juice
  2. Stir in mustard powder, salt, pepper and parsley
  3. Marinate chicken for at least a few hours. The longer you marinate, the more flavor it will have.
  4. Grill and enjoy!
*TIP: This makes a lot of marinade, so consider putting some chicken and marinade in freezer ziploc bags and freezing them together for another time. Pull out of the freezer to defrost the night before you want to eat them. Makes dinner so easy!

No comments: