homemenubutton2aboutmenubutton2recipemenubutton2journeysmenubutton2linksmenubutton2contactmenubutton3

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Southwest Chicken Chili

I'm not sure what's going on, but I can't get the format right on this post, so it's going to look a little weird. Sorry!

This might look a little weird from the pictures, but it is delicious! I got the recipe from my sister-in-law and my husband asks for it all the time (he calls it white chili). It's another simple one (of course... that's what I do), but it does take some time to simmer, so you have to plan ahead at least an hour.

This freezes well, so I like to double the batch and freeze half (or 1/3 depending on how many left overs I want). My latest love is freezing food, especially since it's hard to find quick frozen gluten free food (or it's expensive).

Southwest Chicken Chili

Ingredients

¼ tsp

Salt

¼ tsp

Pepper

1 med

Onion

1 can

Green chilies, chopped

4-6

Cloves garlic

2 tsp

Ground cumin

1 ½ tsp

oregano

¼ tsp

Cayenne pepper

6 cups

Chicken broth

1 cup

Shredded cheese

3-4

Chicken breasts

2 cans

Great northern beans

Garnish

Sour cream, chips, cheese


Directions

1. Sauté onions, chilies, garlic in olive oil

2. Add cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Sauté a few more minutes

3. add chicken broth and chicken breasts

4. simmer 30 minutes, then add beans

5. simmer 30 more minutes

6. Right before serving shred or cut up chicken and add 1 cup of cheese, stir till melted



Print the recipe for yourself:
I'm not sure why, but when I upload my documents in scribd the format is often changed. The recipe looked better and had 6 steps, but now it just looks weird. It still has all the right info, so it's still useful. Print it on card stock and it should be the right size for a recipe card.

Southwest Chicken Chili

No comments: