homemenubutton2aboutmenubutton2recipemenubutton2journeysmenubutton2linksmenubutton2contactmenubutton3

Monday, November 9, 2009

Doctor up your cereal

I don't know about you, but I miss the cereals with almonds, cranberries, raisins, etc. from my pre-gluten free days. Though the selection of GF cereals is growing, it's still not that great.

Luckily, I've found a solution to satisfy my cravings (at least until every cereal is gluten free- I can dream, can't I?). I've started adding my own almonds and cranberries to Rice Chex.

Not sure why I didn't think of this before. I've always been one to add fruit to my cereal (bananas, peaches, strawberries, etc.), but it never occurred to me to add anything more.

My new favorite is Rice Chex with slivered almonds, dried cranberries, and brown sugar (I mix the brown sugar in with it before I pour the milk in). Delicious!

There are a ton of options with this, just use your imagination (and inspiration from the cereal aisle).

No comments: