homemenubutton2aboutmenubutton2recipemenubutton2journeysmenubutton2linksmenubutton2contactmenubutton3

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Gluten Free Tomato Basil Pasta


Gluten Free Tomato Basil Pasta
I don't have an exact recipe for this- I just sort of make it up as I go along, but I'll give the directions for how I make it. It is so good!


Ingredients:
  • Olive oil
  • Garlic
  • Tomatoes, chopped (fresh from the garden or "on the vine" is best)
  • Basil (again, fresh is best, but I didn't have any, and dried worked fine)
  • Italian Dressing, optional (I prefer Kraft)
  • Parmesan cheese
  • Chicken breasts, grilled (George Foreman Grill works)
  • Olives, cut in half (optional)
  • GF noodles ($1.30 at Walmart for the box shown in the picture)
1. Start cooking pasta

2. Heat olive oil in skillet. Add tomatoes, garlic and basil. Cook for a bit. Add olives.


3. Simmer awhile then add cooked pasta and grilled chicken.

4. Add Italian dressing and Parmesan cheese according to your own taste. (I'll often add more basil at this point too. I just experiment till I get a taste to fit my mood. The Italian dressing is optional, but I prefer it for a stronger flavor.)

Click on recipe to print

No comments: